The Green New Deal (GND) calls for:
- a guaranteed job with fair pay, family and medical leave, paid vacations and retirement security
- universal high-quality healthcare
- free higher education
- access to affordable, safe and adequate housing
- stronger labor, workplace health and safety, anti-discrimination, and wage and hour standards
- the clean-up of hazardous waste sites
- access to clean water and air, health and affordable food, and nature
So I’m curious. How do you feel about the Green New Deal? What are the chances of any (highly unlikely all) of these actions being instituted? Or are they just a pipe dream on the part of the author(s)?
Of course, one must consider the financial aspects of these propositions. Even if we had a “progressive” congress in place who supports the GND, where would the money come from?
“Small government” advocates undoubtedly can/will find fault with these propositions –most likely because they reek of “socialism.” Yet can anyone deny the benefits? What options might we consider so they can be put into place either now or in the near future?